Winter On The Russian River. Photo: Tom Enderlin

3/12/12

Here comes the rain..finally..

Rain is on its way!!! bummer we cant fish anymore down here.. but these fish need a break...Spawn away steelies. and all you Kelt's and spent fish...get back to the ocean before mayonnaise starts growing on your head.

On another note...I am headed up to Oregon here in a few weeks to hang out with Scott Howell, we are going to fish hard and tie up some big wild flies...and I cannot wait. Not to mention I will be checking out some spots for the big move (yep, moving to the state of Jefferson..southern OR, year round steelhead and WAY less people, my kinda place, more to make you jealous on that later).. In the mean time this rain should bring the last of our very late winter fish into all of the north coast systems..and help the Kelt's ( I know...these are steelhead not Atlantic Salmon but get over it..if your that bent out of shape we can call them spent fish) make their way out. I know ill be on the water as soon as it drops to fish-able levels. Let's have the Northern CA coastal season go out with some more tugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment